“My head is splitting!” If this sounds familiar, you’re not alone.
Headaches arguably are one of the most common forms of pain, and a frequent reason for seeking pain relief from Mandarino Chiropractic.
As explained by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (NCCIH), headaches occur when pain-sensitive nerve endings around the scalp, in the blood vessels that surround the skull, in the lining around the brain, and in other areas around the head send impulses to the part of the brain that interprets pain signals from the rest of the body.
Some people may experience such pain as an occasional slight disturbance, while others may face disabling pain almost daily.
Ninety-five percent of headaches are primary headaches, such as tension, migraine, or cluster headaches. These types of headaches are not caused by disease. The headache itself is the primary concern, explains the American Chiropractic Association (ACA),
Depending upon the root cause, there are a variety of ways Mandarino Chiropractic may be able to relieve a patient’s headache, such as providing:
- Spinal manipulation or chiropractic adjustments to improve spinal function and alleviate the stress on a person’s system.
- Joint manipulationand mobilization of the neck, along with stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Massage therapy and other forms of soft-tissue treatment.
- Nutritional recommendations
- Suggestions on posture and ergonomics, whether at home or at work
- Advice on exercises
- Guidance on and relaxation techniques.